Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cigar Review: CAO MX2

I had this cigar while sitting on the tailgate of truck on a beautiful day. If no one has done this, I would really recommend it! There is nothing like a good cigar with a friend on a gorgeous day. Here is the Cigar.com bio:

“When most people think of a Double Maduro, they typically are reminded of a super dark almost jet-black wrapper. CAO has put a new spin on the term “double maduro” with a second wrapper all together. It is medium to full-bodied and slightly sweet on the lips. The aroma is rich and earthy with hints of black pepper and a long spicy finish. This cigar is ideal for the maduro lover. It is considered to be in the top five in terms of the best maduro cigars being rolled today. Like all CAO cigars, the MX2 has a flawless construction and burn that makes it a solid performer every time you fire one up.”

Anyway, upon lighting it had a hard draw, it was packed very tight and burned real slow because of that draw. It blistered a bit during the smoke and I had to relight but it was slightly windy so I do not take it out on the cigar. The taste was great, it was a spicy smoke with a medium amount of pepper on the palate. It was right in between one of the CAO Golds and a CAO LX2. I preferred the LX2, but this was a little lighter and a great smoke none the less. For some reason I still taste more sweet from the LX2, which is supposed to be stronger and more peppery. As I mentioned the actual construction came under question but I don’t think it was the cigars fault. My buddy’s cigar also went out from the breeze. Overall, I give this one a 7 of 10.


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Post a Comment