Friday, July 10, 2009

Cigar Review: CAO 65th Anniversary

I was sceptical about this one, I like CAO cigars but I figured this edition was just some promotional line. I decided on this little guy (cool tube that it came in by the way) just by chance at cigar.com, here is its bio...

"CAO 65th Anniversary was blended to match Cano’s personality; it’s rich, complex and is meant to leave you with a smile on your face. The wrapper, binder and filler were taken from various farms and specific regions of Nicaragua to compose this puro. These cigars come elegantly packaged and won’t leave you disappointed. These are a must for CAO nuts and cigar enthusiasts alike"

It had a great wrapper with little flaws and a very traditional smell. Upon cutting it had a great draw and really good burn. I lit it and was pleasantly surprised at what followed. It had a very pleasant medium taste with a great earthy flavor to it. It had no spicy after taste and finished with an easy to handle smell. There were competing earthy notes playing here and it was really really good! It was like burning a nice oaky log on a summer night. Nothing too spicy or strong yet full of flavor. No smokey aftertaste as well. I really liked it and will continue my CAO search to find their best cigar.I give this cigar a 7 of 10.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment