Sunday, September 23, 2012

New Twist on a Classic Drink: The Old Fashioned

What can I say? I guess I am Old Fashioned. Man that was cheezy. 
Anyway, I found this "new" recipe for a great classic drink. Check out the video by liquor.com below. I decided to give this one a try even though it was 10:30 in the morning. Weekends dont count right?! 

The brown sugar really made this cocktail pop. I have always used simple syrup but this was something else. Sweeter, but in a smokier way. I think I might have to reconsider my usual recipe for Old Fashioned's...





CLASSIC OLD FASHIONED

INGREDIENTS:

·       1 Brown sugar cube
·       .5 tsp White sugar
·       3 dashes Angostura Bitters
·       1 dash Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6
·       .25 oz Cold water
·       2 oz George Dickel No. 12 Tennessee Whisky or other American whiskey        (I used Woodford Reserve and it blew my f-ing mind)


PREPARATION:
In a rocks glass, muddle both sugars, both bitters and the water. Add the whiskey and a large ice cube. Twist slices of lemon and orange peel over the drink and drop them in.
Garnish: Lemon and orange twists
Glass: Rocks






Contributed by Dushan Zaric and Jason Kosmas of liqour.com



No comments:

Post a Comment