Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cigar Review: Cain














Mmmmm this was a great cigar! I heard many things about the brand and was really excited to try it out! It was New Years Eve when I lit this Cain  cigar up. The Cain series comes from mastermind Sam Leccia. He is also responsible for Nub I believe. The Cain cigar was very balanced and perfectly constructed for a great burn.

It uses straight ligero leaves from 3 regions of Nicaragua. This is supposed to achieve a more smooth taste despite the strength of the ligero itself. Well it worked! It was initially very spicy but mellowed off a bit, for nice clean finish. The finish was very lite compared to the initial onslaught of flavor! It was a great strong smoke and it appealed to even the novice smokers I was with. Its bold flavors were well constructed and didn't overwhelm the senses. It was a clean crisp finish and the smoke itself was a nutty cedar taste. I was really impressed and the size of this thing lasted for an hour among 3 guys! I will definitely get this again, and it definitely lived up to the hype! I give this new creation a solid 9 of 10.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. You are correct, the Nub was also created by Sam Leccia. The Cain is great if you are in the mood for a really strong cigar. It's almost too strong though. I prefer the Nub because I believe it delivers a better flavor with more complexity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I still haven't tried a nub...I appreciate your feedback and sorry for responding so late.

    ReplyDelete