Friday, February 5, 2010

Cigar Review: Padilla Obsidian Especial

This one was very similar to the Greycliff 1666. Its oily maduro wrapper and smooth taste really did a good job in comparing to my new favorite, the Greycliff. This padilla was excellent though. It had some more spice than I enjoy but man, what a great cocoa flavor! The ligero wrapper and Nicaraguan & Honduran filler was a great mix and match of flavors and it provided a very complex smoke. I have really grown to like the rich dark maduros like this one and it definitely did not disappoint. It had a very earthy after taste but it had a great thick smoke. The burn was so so and uneven but I blame the slight wind and not enough time to mellow out after arriving in shipping. I will definelty buy this again and will have to try the Padilla Miami, which gets great reviews as well. Overall i give it a 8.5 of 10!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment