Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cigar Review: Graycliff Double Espresso

If BMW made cigars, this would be it!


I say that because of the similarities of the two brands and their products. Both are of excellent quality, not the absolute best, but definitely better than most brands. Both are expensive, this little stick ran me a good 20 bucks!  Both are industry leaders, this cigar was excellent in all aspect and truly challenges other cigar makers to top it in quality. If you couldn't tell I am also a BMW owner and fan!

Now a little bio from cigar.com-"One of the most limited and exciting releases from Graycliff, the Double Espresso is a special robusto blend packed with extra ligero for a premium full bodied flavor.

"Aficionados are very familiar with the Graycliff brand. Created by Enrico Garzaroli, founder of the Graycliff hotel and restaurant in Nassau, Bahamas, it is the world’s only 5 star brand. To create his coveted cigar line, Enrico teamed up with legendary cigar maker Avelino Lara, Cuba’s most accomplished roller who at one time rolled all of Castro’s personal cigars. He is also credited as the founder of the Cuban Cohiba brand. With Enrico’s palate for fine food and wine and Avelino’s extensive experience, the two created Graycliff cigars which today are counted among the finest and most expensive cigars on the market."

"The Double Espresso is a limited edition extension of the original Espresso line from Graycliff. Made only in a special robusto size, the Double Espresso is the strongest cigar in the Graycliff portfolio, featuring a special ligero filler that perfectly balances flavor and body. The Double Espresso is only available to fewer than six dealers worldwide, and Cigar.com is proud to be among them." from cigar.com 

Now on to my actual tasting! Well I lit up the little guy and was welcomed by the great rich smoke that I expected.  It was a very tight draw but that is a good thing with such a small cigar. It took me a good hour and half to smoke the whole thing. The flavor was excellent, it was very earthy with a little sweetness. It was balanced and rich and worth every penny! I was loving every puff and I couldn't put it down. I actually smoked it till I burned my fingers, and I actually got a pretty nasty nicotine buzz from this. I was smoking it so much I didn't want to put it down! Back to the BMW comparison, this cigar will shake up the competition. It is everything that a deep rich ligero should be and I hope other brands try to emulate this delicious cigar. Sorta like what BMW's have done with the car industry! I am going to have to give this cigar a 9.5 out of 10, only because I would love to see this cigar in a bigger size!

No comments:

Post a Comment