Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cigar Review: Graycliff G2















I bought 5 of these knowing how much I respect and love the Graycliff brand. I was a little disappointed, but still an above average cigar. It was a little unrefined for me, too strong at points and not smooth and complex like the other Graycliffs.

It had a great constructions, smell, burn, everything physical about it. What it lacked was that smooth sophisticated taste that other Graycliffs brandish. I love my Professional series and 1666 for their complex tastes and smooth smoking experience despite the stronger wrapper and fillers. This was a shade lighter but tasted heavy because of the spicier fillers. It had a nice toasty oak taste and a little spice, but not much else as far as tastes go. It was good none the less, just too bold. I like strong cigars but this one felt like it was trying to hard. Almost like the Glennfiddich 15 of whisky. It has all the makings for a complex and smooth taste, but blows it, for there is just too much of something.  My only defense would be that I was smoking it in a car and the smoke just sat there, this could have made for a stronger experience. Either way still a better cigar than most but not like the other Graycliffs. I give this a 7.5 of 10.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment