Monday, August 1, 2011

Cigar Essentials: The Cutter

I am starting a new series on "The Essentials". I am referring to the tools of the trade for proper cigar and whisky consumption! I have several different items to talk about but today is going to be the cigar cutter. We have all had that cutter that you thought was good, but kept noticing that your cigars were dry because every time you cut it, the head unraveled. More than likely, it was your cutter. If the blade isn't sharp or the cut not quick enough, it rips the cigar instead of cutting it. Thus making the wrapper damaged and it comes unraveled or cracks. I dont know anyone who likes to smoke a cigar with the wrapper falling off in your miouth! This makes a a good cutter a must for any cigar enthuasits.

So what should one look for in a cutter? Basically, it needs to be super sharp and easy to close/punch. It should slide through the cigar, not rip it open! Well there are many brands of cutters and different styles too. There are guillotine cutters, bullet cutters, and scissor-like cutters. You need to see what you like, but I am here to tell you what I know. I use a Xikar cutter like the one shown. It is super sharp and gets the job done! It closes and locks as well to avoid any messy accidents. I have heard nothing but good things about Xikar cutters. They also make different styles of cutters too. They have a cigar multi tool and bullet cutter. Xikar features some pretty cool looking cutters, they have different body's and colors to choose from. The cutter makes smoking a great cigar that much easier and eliminates that cracked head on the cigar. I would invest in a quality cutter and with the Xikars, they look great too!


No comments:

Post a Comment