Saturday, July 27, 2013

Whiskey Review: OYO Bourbon Michelone Reserve

This spicy little concoction from Middle West Spirits will keep you coming back!


For those of you who are not familiar with OYO, shame. Shame I say. It's a craft distillery right in the heart of Columbus, Ohio and definitely worth a try. They have mainly vodkas and whiskies. Delightful wheat whiskies I might add...

This is actually a blend of their 100% Ohio red wheat whiskey and a popular Kentucky bourbon. I am not sure what bourbon they are using but whatever it is, it's a good one. The result is a balanced, complex bourbon with a little bit of kick. To be honest I actually enjoy the regular OYO whiskey more, but this is still a delightful drink.

Color: Dark Russet
Nose: Baking spices, fruit, caramel
Taste: sweet brown sugar, a little rye, and citrus
Body: Medium to full
Finish: short and bitty 

Don't get me wrong, this is a really cool whiskey from OYO and it's a nice one to keep in the collection. Especially if you are from Ohio! I don't think it's their best whiskey but it beats some of the more popular brands at this price point. The other upside is supporting a local distillery, something I hold dear.

Go ahead pick up a bottle. Don't expect to have your mind blown, but do enjoy it. It's a damn good whiskey! Thanks OYO for keeping Ohio on the map. Overall I give this bourbon a respectable 7 out of 10.

Questions for YOU: Anybody else an OYO fan out there? Share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment