Monday, April 4, 2011

Cigar Review: Graycliff Platinum Edicion Limitada 2010


I am such a sucker. I have fallen in love with Graycliff cigars and I cannot get out of their hypnotic trance. I told myself my next review would be a Ghurka (I want to smoke their whole lineup in a year), but that obviously didn't happen. It all started when I ordered an amazing package from cigar.com. It was a 10 count portable humidor with humidifier and 10 Graycliffs. Not just any Graycliffs though, 2 double espressos, and 8 red and black label 2010 Limited Edition Graycliff cigars. This particular review is for the Red Label Limited Edition cigar. Another great cigar and because of the amazing deal I received, it made this cigar that much sweeter!

This cigar is tucked into a gorgeous Brazilian Habano wrapper and was free of any defects. This cigar is filled with Cuban seed long leaves straight out of Nicaragua. It had an average draw and I had no burn problems the whole time. Upon lighting, you didn't really get anything too noticeable. It had a nice mellow smell with a little sweet wiff. The first half of the cigar tasted very similar. It was very sweet and smooth, with a few complex flavors that I couldn't quite put my thumb on. Maybe a hint of cocoa!? It did have a little spice at the end and it made the smoke awesome. It was really good and I enjoyed every inch of that cigar. I actually expected it to be a little stronger but it’s medium strength was actually kind of refreshing. It made the whole smoking experience relaxing and perfect after a big lunch. A nice medium cigar after lunch is a the best way to round off the day!

If you manage to find some of the Graycliff limited edition cigars, buy them. Buy lots of them. This is a cigar you have to try and if you miss smoking this cigar well, your life just won’t be the same. Ok, that might be a stretch but these are some great cigars. So my next cigar review might be those Ghurkas I promised myself ….or it might be another Graycliff. I am such a sucker... This little gem was rated a 9 of 10.

Questions for YOU: Have you had this limited edition cigar and where did you buy yours?

7 comments:

  1. i enjoyed this cigar. in fact, i had 2 of them. it was that good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a 10 pack through Cigars International. At first I was disappointed - I wanted something stronger ... but then when I relaxed I did note a rsther complex flavor.


    So complexity versus one dimensionality of some "power houses" was the trade ooff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the graycliffs have been an acquired taste but have soon found their way into my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a regular smoker and just cant live without a cigar any single day and sometimes it gets difficult to get it from market so i am in search f buying online cigars? Do any knows info about this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use cigarbid.com for bulk purchases and cigar.com for newer releases and hard to find sticks. I haven't had any problems with either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review just got one of these in a bomb from another member of the board i am apart of, looking foreword to trying it out! Cigars online i use TampaHumidor.com, or cigars international

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend gave me a couple of Graycliff before during his birthday party. I think they taste great, but I would not spend that much money on them.

    ReplyDelete