Friday, January 4, 2013

Cigar Review: Rocky Patel Fusion


A shmorgishborg of tobacco. When I saw a cigar called “Fusion” I knew this was going to be a whole bunch of leaves and different tobacco varieties. But would it be any good?

Rocky P is my cigar buddy and he would never steer me wrong, right? I mean when is the last time you have had a bad Rocky? Rare indeed.

Well good news, this cigar was is no dud. The Fusion uses a tasty Habano wrapper over a Connecticut wrapper and Ecuadorian binders. These are then blended with a mix of Nicaraguan, Honduran and Cameroon fillers.

So what does all that mean?! A sweet and well rounded taste. As soon as you light this cigar, a sweetness takes over. The woody and earthy tastes come in after and finish out. This medium bodied cigar has a long, smooth finish with a sort of tangy taste. It isn't mind blowing, but surprisingly complex and tasty.  

I was impressed with the Fusion and RP seems to have put out another great cigar. At $6 a stick, it is a great cigar. I would have rated it higher if it was a little stronger actually. The flavor was great, just not enough of it! I gave this a stick 7.5 out of 10. 

Questions for YOU: Have you had the Fusion? Or another stogie with many different leaf varieties, thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment