Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cigar Review: Room 101


Bookmark and ShareSometimes you just gotta try it....












I was sitting in Cigars Cigars for my friend's bachelor party and this one cigar caught my attention. I am a sucker for cool labels and Room 101 just had that spark. It is a relatively new brand and my curiosity got the best of me...

Just looking at this cigar will tell you smoking it will be  a treat! The cigar had a great little oily wrapper with a spongy texture just ready for smoking. It is a Semilla Honduras wrapper, and the only way I can describe it is to say a maduro and a connecticut had a little too much fun one night and made this little mistake. It is sweet and oily with the slight earthy notes of a maduro. It had a fast draw and great wrapper construction. It was definitely a medium bodied cigar with sweet chocolate notes and a rich, very thick smoke. It was a good smoke and the branding was interesting. Room 101 is inspired by Japanese art and the tattoo culture. It is just an interesting story and brand persona, and I am a believer in brand importance just as much as the actual quality. The Room 101 had a nice mellow finish and I enjoyed it to the very nub. It wasn't overly complex or interesting but it was still a high quality smoke. I will pick up a few more of these and maybe will post a little more on the brand story as well. Overall I give this cigar a solid 8 of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment